Ifeoluwa brought this amazing dish to our end of year event at City Road, this her son, Precious’ favourite food, he was the first to get a dish at our shared dinner. The other parents were keen to find out the recipe so Ife kindly wrote it out for us! Give it a try and let us know how it went!
- Basmati Rice
- Red Pepper
- Scotch Bonnet
- Tomatoes Plum
- Tomato Puree
- Sunflower Oil
- Bay Leaves
- Stock Cubes
- Salt to taste
- Blend the plum tomatoes, red pepper, scotch bonnets and onion together.
- Place a pot on the cooker on medium heat.
- Add sunflower oil and leave to heat up
- Add some chopped onions
- Add the blended peppers inside the cooking pot
- Add some curry, thyme and stock cubes
- Mix together and add bay leaves
- Add the tomato puree, than gives the rice some colour, and mix thoroughly
- Cover and leave for about 15 minutes. The time depends on the quantity of sauce.
- Rinse the basmati rice in lukewarm water, in order to get rid of the starch
- Add some salt, the quantity of salt depends on the quantity of rice
- Pour the rinsed rice into the sauce and mix together
- Cover the pot and leave to cook, you can add a little water